August 8-14, 2015
Federal Way, WA
All forms and fees due by July 15.
for grades 7-9/10-12
September 17-19, 2015
UU Fellowship of Corvallis, OR
Registration open through September 2.
June 24-28 in Portland, OR
Sign up to become a PNWD Chalice Lighter and help strengthen Unitarian Universalism in the Pacific Northwest - it's easy!
Chalice Lighter Call Schedule 2014/15
Call was open for contributions through June 14, 2015.
NOTICES & QUICK LINKS
in PNWD Congregations, District and Region
24 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210
Pacific Northwest District Annual Meeting
Saturday during General Assembly
Download a PDF of the PNWD Annual Business Meeting Packet.
The 2015 Unitarian Universalist Association General Assembly is right around the corner! June 24-28, UUs from across the country will gather in Portland, Oregon. If you ask former GA-goers to name their favorite part of GA, you’ll get a variety of answers: Service of the Living Tradition, opening ceremony, informative programming, giant worship services, etc. (And, yes, there are even those who love the plenary sessions.) The packed schedule can be a bit daunting, especially to GA newbies. Before you go, take a look at this practical advice offered by General Assembly veterans.
One important event happening in conjunction with GA is the Annual Meeting of the Pacific Northwest District. Since so many PNWDers will be in the neighborhood, we figured this would be a great way to cut travel costs and conduct the annual business of the district. We will convene at the DoubleTree by Hilton (1000 NE Multnomah Street) in the Multnomah/Holladay rooms on Saturday, June 27 promptly at 1:00.
Things you need to know about this meeting:
- Anyone is invited to attend! GA registration is not required. GA nametag not needed for entrance.
- If you are a certified delegate, please arrive early. Delegate check-in will open by 12:30.
- Don’t think you’ll have time to finish lunch before the 1:00 start? Bring it with you.
There are many, many changes afoot in our district. So even if you aren’t a delegate from your congregation, you may want to attend to learn about these. At the very least, please peruse the business meeting materials posted on the Annual Meeting website. Among the topics to be covered:
- The shift from PNWD staff to a unified staff structure including the three other western districts.
Pacific Western Region (PWR) Staff Lead Report (Rev. Nancy Bowen)
PWR Staff Reports
Letter of Agreement to delegate staff and services to the UUA
PWR Advisory Council Vision, FAQ, and associated PWR postings
- General PNWD Annual Meeting business
2014 Annual Meeting Minutes
Treasurer's Report and Financial Statements
PNWD Program Reports
Nominating Committee Slate
Associate Member Organizations’ Reports
- Resolution presented by Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship requesting that the PNWD board sign “A Public Declaration to the Tribal Councils and Traditional Spiritual Leaders of the Native Peoples of the Northwest”
Related material: Resolution
- Pacific Northwest UU Growth Foundation (PNUUGF) will convene their annual meeting at the close of the PNWD Annual Meeting. Delegates to the PNWD meeting remain during this brief meeting to serve as PNUUGF delegates.
Related material: PNUUGF report
Want all of your materials in one handy document? Download a PDF of the full Annual Business Meeting packet. This 41-page PDF includes all individual items linked above.
If you have been certified as a delegate for your congregation, please familiarize yourself with the items for the Annual Business Meeting. Limited copies of a printed packet will be available on site, but there will be very little time to digest the contents before the meeting convenes.
Be sure to check the PNWD Annual Meeting website for complete postings, additional information and last-minute updates.
Need a roommate or offering a carpool to Portland? Check the UUA GA Electronic Bulletin Board.
Looking forward to seeing you June 27!
PNWD archives front page articles and pastoral messages.
12700 SE 32nd Street, Suite E-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-4317